HELLO FRIENDS!

Monday, January 14, 2008

DSCN3305

The weekend was nice. On Friday night we bought vegetables and sweets and cooked a very good meal. On Saturday I went for a walk around town with my classmates and we followed the sounds of blaring bhangra music to a super fancy party being held by a local Punjabi family. They had an elaborate archway set up at the entrance, and I asked a man who was leaving the party if it was a private function and if we could go inside. He welcomed us. We took a quick peek and then I went for a brief spin on someone's scooter.

There is a new restaurant in town called "Cafe Indiana". They serve "mocktails", some of which have memorable names: "Hawaiian Smooch", "Angel Lips", "The Beach Sexy". If you go to "Cafe Indiana" you can hear a wide range of music, including a smooth jazz remix of The Godfather Theme Song and classic Backstreet Boys tracks.

Now the week has started again. I will be posting some more detailed information regarding my studies sometime this week. I will begin posting stories I have written in Hindi as assignments for class.

The weather here in Dehradun right now is exceptional.

Here are some pictures:







Today I ate this for lunch. It cost Rs. 30.

DSCN3309

Well, all the best. Take care.

Straight from the heart,
Grant

No comments: