HELLO FRIENDS!

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Okay I have some catching up to do. My last night in Delhi (New Year's Eve) was spent in the company some lawyers and their Canadian counterparts. The setting was a rooftop. We were having a party. The party was being hosted by Harsh Dobhal, a friend of a friend. Harsh and his girlfriend Anuradha had helped me out when I arrived in Delhi by providing me with a place to stay. Harsh is a human rights activist and is involved with the the Human Rights Law Network. Here is a link to their website if you are curious:

www.hrln.org

Now I will share some photos from that night.








Back to the present time. I am in Dehradun now, and my Hindi course begins tomorrow. Since I arrived I have just been loafing around town and doing some enjoyment. Last night I shared a meal and some fine beer with Yogendra-ji and another one of the students from Australia, Stephanie. This was a Garhwali meal prepared by Gita, who was one of our tutors this past summer. Today Anil's mother and father came to Dehradun from their village, Sainj (Anil is a dear friend to Garrett and myself). His mother is very ill and has come to the city for treatment. Hopefully she will begin to improve. I spoke with her briefly and the first thing she asked me was "Apka bhai kaha hai?" (Where is your brother?). Well, now, photos from Dehradun.

My room


Me, inside of a closet, inside of my room.


A view from outside of my room


Our classroom


Mr. Kapoor, the owner of our hotel, gave me these as a New Year's gift. Mr. Kapoor is a dear friend of Yogendra-ji, our instructor.


While I have been loafing around town I have also been in search of certain items. Today I was searching for a sweater in Paltan Bazaar, which is one of Dehradun's main markets. I did not find that sweater. But I found these instead.






Straight from the heart,
Grant

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Holy crap are those nice!!!
If you do not share the sights contained within those suh-weet covers you will be breaking my heart.